Light paintings are abstract photographs created by the movement of a camera • No computer graphics
For more information on the artist and the art • Please see the the Bio and Statement on the right
In the galleries on the right: View images • View slideshows • Purchase prints
In the shop: "The Light Painter" art/music DVD • Archive-quality postcard set
• Fireking Cafe is showing Morgan's new "Brushless" series of light paintings. It features negatives of his works, the usual bright lines of light turned black and looking dramatically like Japanese "sumi-e" (charcoal ink) brush paintings. The works are beautifully presented in this chic Thai restaurant/gallery in Yoyogi-Uehara, Tokyo. ••• Dates: Jan. 13 to Feb. 11, 2015, from noon to 2am daily. Further information and images may be viewed here and here.
• Victor Magazine, produced by Hasselblad, includes a 20-page feature on Morgan's light paintings in their current (third) issue, published in spring 2014. This prestigious hard-cover magazine also currently features David Lynch. Previous issues included David Hockney and Anton Corbijn.
• The Slow Room - Morgan's first art/music installation, was held Jan. 15-30, 2014 at the unique Kid Ailack Art Hall in Meidaimae, next to Meiji University Campus. It featured Morgan's light paintings (some backlit), plus his videos and ambient music, in a darkened, meditative room.
• www.hasselblad.jp Morgan showed a selection of his light paintings (shot with an H-series Hasselblad) in the newly-opened Hasselblad Japan headquarters and gallery in Tokyo. Preview and reception with live music: Feb. 28, 2013. Exhibition: March 1 - 26, 2013. Hasselblad Japan, 1-10-32 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
• Sequoia Tees is an Amsterdam-based site selling T-shirts as art. On June 4, 2012 Morgan was their featured artist, with a new light painting. Their concept: 1 artist per day, with numbered editions of 100 T-shirts, hand silk-screened. Morgan's T-shirt (and a print of his light painting) is available here until sold out.
• MORGAN'S US ART DEBUT • After a well-received show in October 2011 of his largest prints yet, the Winfield Gallery in Carmel, California continues to show a selection of Morgan's light paintings. They sold three of them to the Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas for display in one of their restaurants.
• Artworks Magazine • California • Winter 2010 issue Morgan's art was featured on the front cover and in a 7-page spread.
For news on Morgan's music: www.morgan-fisher.com
Morgan's youtube channel (art and music videos): morganfisherart