Light paintings are abstract photographs created by the movement of a camera • No computer graphics
For more information on the artist and the art • Please see the the Bio and Statement on the right
In the galleries on the right: View images • View slideshows • Purchase prints
In the shop: "The Light Painter" art/music DVD • Archive-quality postcard set
• Fireking Cafe showed Morgan's new "Brushless" series of light paintings. It featured negatives of his works, the usual bright lines of light turned black and looking dramatically like Japanese "sumi-e" (charcoal ink) brush paintings. The works were beautifully presented in this chic Thai restaurant/gallery in Yoyogi-Uehara, Tokyo. ••• Dates: Jan. 13 to Feb. 11, 2015, from noon to 2am daily. Further information and images may be viewed here and here.
• Victor Magazine, produced by Hasselblad, includes a 20-page feature on Morgan's light paintings in their current (third) issue, published in spring 2014. This prestigious hard-cover magazine also currently features David Lynch. Previous issues included David Hockney and Anton Corbijn.
• The Slow Room - Morgan's first art/music installation, was held Jan. 15-30, 2014 at the unique Kid Ailack Art Hall in Meidaimae, next to Meiji University Campus. It featured Morgan's light paintings (some backlit), plus his videos and ambient music, in a darkened, meditative room.
• www.hasselblad.jp Morgan showed a selection of his light paintings (shot with an H-series Hasselblad) in the newly-opened Hasselblad Japan headquarters and gallery in Tokyo. Preview and reception with live music: Feb. 28, 2013. Exhibition: March 1 - 26, 2013. Hasselblad Japan, 1-10-32 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
• Sequoia Tees is an Amsterdam-based site selling T-shirts as art. On June 4, 2012 Morgan was their featured artist, with a new light painting. Their concept: 1 artist per day, with numbered editions of 100 T-shirts, hand silk-screened. Morgan's T-shirt (and a print of his light painting) is available here until sold out.
• MORGAN'S US ART DEBUT • After a well-received show in October 2011 of his largest prints yet, the Winfield Gallery in Carmel, California continues to show a selection of Morgan's light paintings. They sold three of them to the Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas for display in one of their restaurants.
• Artworks Magazine • California • Winter 2010 issue Morgan's art was featured on the front cover and in a 7-page spread.
For news on Morgan's music: www.morgan-fisher.com
Morgan's youtube channel (art and music videos): morganfisherart